Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend...

Few notes about the weekend.




Saturday was MIL's 59th birthday. Heath, Lucas and I went to breakfast first thing that morning, then went to the store to get supplies so that I could make her a gift basket:


Complete with her favorite candy, flowers, new earrings, bracelet and necklace (pink and bronze pearls), a fun magazine, pics of Lucas, and some pampering items!


My FIL and I had a small suprise dinner for her at El Chico. Heath had to work, so he wasn't able to make it. There were about 30 people there I think. She was really surprised, as she thought she was going on a 'date' with her hubby!







Sunday morning we went to church. The kids and I had a great time. We are learning all about the Fruits of the Spirit. Last week we studied "love" and this week we are learning about "joy". The kids have been really resposive and are seeming to enjoy learning about the gifts that God has given us. And, I am finding that in teaching them, I am learning a lot as well! Also, Ashley dedicated her new little prince, Klayton Tyler. This was the first time Lucas had seen Klayton. In fact it was the first time Lucas had seen a baby that small. He thought Klayton was so cool. He was very sweet and very soft with him. He said thats how little his little brother will be one day. ;)




Sunday afternoon Amber and I decided to run to WalMart and buy Lucas and Irenee a slip-n-slide. When we got there, they found a small pool with a slide, and a Zebra that sprays water and decided that looked like more fun. After we finally got it blown up and ready to go they had a great time!

At church last night, Lucas was determined that he was going to preach. Papaw offered to let him sing instead, and he accepted. He seemed to be satisfied. I'm so proud of my little man.
He sang Jesus Loves Me. And, yes, He sure does love you baby and so do I.



Now, it's MONDAY! Fun's over, time to get to work. It's been a rough morning. I still have Chris on my mind constantly. I have dreamt, in some form or fashion, of him for the last 5 nights in a row. RIP my friend.

So, my break is over, Back to work. Lots to do today as I was in training all day Friday...didn't get much accomplished in the office. After several nights without much rest, I have really been hitting the coffee pot hard this morning!














No comments:

Post a Comment